Conferences are just around the corner! Get prepared with this edition of PA DECA Tips of the Week.
- Reminder: The Ultimate Power Trip registration and hotel reservations are due today. See below for more details. We are looking forward to a large PA attendance!
- Registration for our Sixers Event is due Monday, Oct. 16. Also see below.
- The 2017-2018 District Event Instructional Areas have been announced: http://www.decadirect.org/ These areas will not be announced prior to States or Nationals.
Fall Conferences (updates in red):
- Mock Competitions- Philadelphia University, Philadelphia(October 20th+ 27th)
- Help your members prepare for their competitive events by attending one of the Pennsylvania DECA Mock Competitions held at Philadelphia University! These days will run from 9:30 am. to 1:30 p.m. and will include workshops, role play prep tips, and an actual role play scenario.
- Cost is free and includes lunch!
- Please RSVP to me if interested in attending. Both sessions are now full.
- Career Day with the 76'ers- Well Fargo Center, Philadelphia (November 1st)
- DECA’s Career Day with the 76ers is an exciting opportunity for students to gain meaningful insight into the marketing and business functions for a variety of professional sports teams & and other entertainment venues.
- Cost will be $23 or $42 per person and includes game ticket. Option food voucher will be $7.50 (hot dog, popcorn, & soda).
- The day will be from 3 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. with an optional case starting at 1 p.m.
- See attached flyer and scholarship application.
- Registration deadline Oct. 16.
“In regards to the scheduling process – please use the same link, however, I’m in the process of implementing new scheduling software for tours. That being said, if they go to book a week or 2 from now, it’s going to look a lot different and it’s not going to allow them to request any time after 3pm. I will take care of any DECA requests so just have them note timing and DECA in the comments section of the form.” -Lauren
Phillies/Citizens Bank Park Tours:$8. Contact http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/phi/ballpark/tours/index.jsp or 215-218-5360 for advance tickets. Ideal for between 4:30 and 6:30 p.m.
- The Ultimate DECA Power Trip– Philadelphia(November 10th-12th)
- Join over 1,500 members from the North Atlantic and Southern Regions for the ultimate DECA leadership experience! This conference will give members the insights needed to be successful in college and their careers.
- Cost is$130pp, plus hotel. Registration deadline isOctober 12.
- More information and registration can found at https://www.deca.org/high-school-programs/high-school-educational-conferences/ultimate-deca-power-trip/.
- Those that live close to Philadelphia need not stay overnight at the Marriott.
- As we are the host of this conference, we are hoping for a large PA turnout!
- Saturday evening's social will be a Bowling Party at Lucky Strikes. Those interested in a Flyers game for PA attendees only can attend for an additional $45.
- See attached list of things to see and places to eat while in Philadelphia.
- DECA’s Innovations and Entrepreneurship Conference– Philadelphia(November 10th-12th)
- This conference will reinforce entrepreneurial concepts taught in marketing and business classes. Participation in this conference will help students understand the concepts, processes and skills associated with identifying new ideas, opportunities, and methods and with creating or starting a new project or venture.
- Cost is $130 pp, plus hotel. Registration deadline is October 12.
- More information and registration can found at https://www.deca.org/high-school-programs/high-school-educational-conferences/innovations-entrepreneurship-conference/.
- Mock Competition- Pittsburgh (November 16, 8:30 a.m. til 2 p.m., Shakespeare's Restaurant in Elwood City).
- Students will take a cluster exam and do a role play.
- Cost is $28 per student and includes breakfast and lunch.
- Continue to recruit members. Refer to chapter goals sent out last week to help us meet our overall state goal!
PA DECA Executive Director