Deadlines are coming up, including the deadline for students to apply for a position as a State Officer! Learn all of that and more in this edition of Tips of the Week
- Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the Sports & Entertainment Event with the Sixers
- State Officer Candidates- Do you have a student who would make a good State Officer for the next school year? It's a great opportunity! Each District will elect one district officer at the respective district competition. President, Vice-President, and the four Executive Council positions (VP of Membership, VP of Communications, VP of Community Outreach, and VP of Business Partnerships) are elected at the State Competition. Paperwork is due and Officer test for all positions are given at the District Conference (or other designated time). Advisors should contact your appropriate District Board Rep asap with potential candidates. Candidates who do not win at the district conference can still run for one of the positions elected at the State Conference. All information can be found online at BECOME A STATE OFFICER. Please submit to your Board Rep:
Signed State Officer Code of Conduct
Essay (250 words or less) "Why I Want to Be a State Officer"
- Written Events: Thinking about trying one this year? Now would be a great time to start if you haven't already. There are less competitors in these 23 events that begin at the State Conference: WRITTEN EVENTS LIST. These events begin at the State Conference: Business Operations Research Events (5); Chapter Team Events (6); Entrepreneurship Events (6); Marketing Representative Events (3); and Professional Selling and Consulting Events (3).
Fall Conferences (updates in red):
- Career Day with the 76'ers- Well Fargo Center, Philadelphia (November 1st)
- DECA’s Career Day with the 76ers is an exciting opportunity for students to gain meaningful insight into the marketing and business functions for a variety of professional sports teams & and other entertainment venues.
- Registration deadline has been moved to October 27!
- Cost will be $23 or $42 per person and includes game ticket. Option food voucher will be $7.50 (hot dog, popcorn, & soda).
- The day will be from 3 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. with an optional case starting at 1 p.m.
- See attached flyer and scholarship application.
“In regards to the scheduling process – please use the same link, however, I’m in the process of implementing new scheduling software for tours. That being said, if they go to book a week or 2 from now, it’s going to look a lot different and it’s not going to allow them to request any time after 3pm. I will take care of any DECA requests so just have them note timing and DECA in the comments section of the form.” -Lauren
Phillies/Citizens Bank Park Tours:$8. Contact http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/phi/ballpark/tours/index.jsp or 215-218-5360 for advance tickets. Ideal for between 4:30 and 6:30 p.m.
- The Ultimate DECA Power Trip– Philadelphia(November 10th-12th)
- Join over 1,500 members from the North Atlantic and Southern Regions for the ultimate DECA leadership experience! This conference will give members the insights needed to be successful in college and their careers.
- Cost is$130pp, plus hotel. Registration deadline isOctober 12.
- More information and registration can found at https://www.deca.org/high-school-programs/high-school-educational-conferences/ultimate-deca-power-trip/.
- Those that live close to Philadelphia need not stay overnight at the Marriott.
- As we are the host of this conference, we are hoping for a large PA turnout!
- Saturday evening's social will be a Bowling Party at Lucky Strikes. Those interested in a Flyers game for PA attendees only can attend for an additional $45.
- DECA’s Innovations and Entrepreneurship Conference– Philadelphia(November 10th-12th)
- This conference will reinforce entrepreneurial concepts taught in marketing and business classes. Participation in this conference will help students understand the concepts, processes and skills associated with identifying new ideas, opportunities, and methods and with creating or starting a new project or venture.
- Cost is $130 pp, plus hotel. Registration deadline is October 12.
- More information and registration can found at https://www.deca.org/high-school-programs/high-school-educational-conferences/innovations-entrepreneurship-conference/.
- Mock Competition- Pittsburgh (November 16, 8:30 a.m. til 2 p.m., Shakespeare's Restaurant in Elwood City).
- Students will take a cluster exam and do a role play.
- Cost is $28 per student and includes breakfast and lunch.
PA DECA Executive Director